Frequently Asked Question
Two-factor (2FA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security layer used to protect your accounts. We require all staff to set up 2FA as a security safeguard. New staff will be given 30 days to enroll 2FA. After that time the account will be locked and require action from the Technology Department to re-enable the account. 2FA is a 2 part login meaning you need a password and something physical to login.
There are a few different ways to set up 2FA:
- Text Message on your phone (most popular)
- Voice call on your phone
- Clicking "yes" on you Android/IOS phone using the Google Search app (must be logged in with school email on the phone)
- Using the Google Authenticator App
- Using a Security Hardware Key (can be checked out from the Technology Department. Click here to ask us.)
More info on 2FA can be found here.
To get started follow these steps.
- Go to your Google Account Setting by clicking here.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get started.
- Follow the steps on the screen.