Frequently Asked Question
The Acer laptops have a fingerprint reader located on the touchpad.
To set up this fingerprint scanner follow the instructions below. The reader is really handy when logging into the computer after a restart or when the computer is locked.
- Logon to the computer like normal.
- Click the "Start" (Windows logo) button and type "Fingerprint"
- Click the listing that says "Set up fingerprint sign-in"
- Click on the button that says "Windows Hello Fingerprint" then click "Set up" to manage saved fingerprints.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to place your finger on the scanner multiple times (20ish) use the same finger you can repeat the process again to add additional fingers. You will also be asked for your school password and to set up a "PIN" a Pin is like a secondary password to the computer.
- Once set up when your at the login/lock screen you can touch your finger on the reader to skip the need to enter your password to the laptop. you can also use your password like before as well as the PIN you setup.